Vottunarstofan Tún conforms to requirements for bodies conducting conformity assessment for the certification of products, processes and services as defined in standard ISO/IEC 17065. Tún´s certification services are formally recognized as follows:
- Operating license issued by Icelandic competent authorities for the inspection and certification of organic agricultural production.
- Accreditation by the Icelandic Intellectual Property Office (ISAC) for certification of organic production.
- Accreditation by Assurance Services International (ASI GmbH) for MSC fishery and chain of custody certification.
- Approval by the Foundation for Environental Education (FEE) for certification against the Blue Flag and Green Key standards.
- Approval by the Icelandic Tourist Board to provide certification servies against Vakinn – quality and environmental standard for tourism.